I have the same problem in Arch Linux completely up-to-date as of 02/03/2019 using GoG version of the game. I created the config directory as said above, when I run the game using
./start.sh the game segfaults, but no log has been created in the config directory.
The game is launched with a
LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable set to the
game/libs directory. When trying to launch the game with
strace I realized that it was crashing in the dynamic loading step, so no traces where being shown. I tried launching other binaries that I knew worked with the same
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and all of them segfaulted, so the problem is in one of the libraries.
So what I did was, move all the libs of
game/libs/bk and then move the two libraries I don’t have in my system back into
libfmod. After that the game launched properly for me.
I will do some experimenting to see which library was the one causing the segfaults.
So apparently in my system the three libraries I have to remove for the game to work properly are:
- libc (
- libdl (
- libpthread (
There is another problem for me where some of the text is missing parts or is cut. Example:
It makes things very hard to read