Here is the current version history of Objects in Space.
This will remain pinned, locked and updated as new versions are pushed out.
Before new versions go live, they will be up in the ‘beta’ track on Steam and GoG. If you feel comfortable using potentially potentially-unstable testing builds, you are welcome to use them - the password is ‘betainspace688’.
- Contracts are now streamlined - taking a contract loads the cargo, and you now deliver the cargo from the destination station’s contract terminal.
- You can now move cargo from your tablet by dragging it from pod to pod, while docked at a station.
- Added ability for players to engage in piracy by hailing merchants and threatening them.
- Added ability for players to use their hack modules to find smugglers, and report them for a profit to authority ships.
- Added ability for players to report possible pirates to authority vessels, who will investigate the area.
- Added ability to begin with no fog obscuring any point in the map.
- Added an estimate of time to next waypoint and to final destination on the top-left of the nav map.
- Added ‘skipintro=true’ option to config files to go straight to main menu.
- Removed ‘Time Compression Cancelled’ message when beginning docking procedures.
- Re-balanced the emissions rating of all components
- Added a feature where a hardware_commands.txt file showing the current accessible boolean checks, numerical gets and ship commands (along with descriptions where available) are dumped to a file when the game is executed with hardware support on.
- Fixed the TOGGLE_ and CONNECT_ commands.
- Fixed a bug where spinning up your jump drive or having your IFF off were not responded to by authority ships escorting you back to a base.
- Fixed a bug where torpedos were not being saved sometimes in campaign mode.
- Fixed a bug where clicking ‘hail’ on certain NPC ships would cause a crash.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash while moving about in some derelicts.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused a crash when undocking from space stations.
- Fixed a bug which caused text clipping errors on the cargo screen while docked with some derelicts.
- Fixed an exploit where a ship with no pods would re-load with two new ones no matter what.
- Fixed a bug which could sometimes cause duplicate authority or military ships to appear in a sector after loading game.
- Fixed a bug which caused custom graphic signage to not appear correctly on windows sometimes.
- Fixed a bug where quitting back to menu would leave cargo from previous sessions there, allowing cargo duplication.
- Fixed a bug where mooring with a cargo pod didn’t re-set your currently selected pod on the moored object.
- Fixed some visual glitches with the cargo/pod screen.
- Fixed a bug where loading game on a space station sometimes made the UI appear the wrong colour.
- Fixed a bug where hack and grappling modules incorrectly showed the percent-complete when in use.
- Fixed a bug where PDA Note about Aya Grant contract remained indefinitely if you failed to get to the contract in time
- Fixed a bug where colour was not being used correctly in the hack result emails.
- Fixed various rendering issues with the waypoint ETA part of the nav screen.
- Fixed a bug where a ship’s own torpedo will count as a ‘threat’ when determining AI behaviour and detecting whether time compression should be allowed.
- Optimised debug print routines to speed up game on machines with lower hard drives.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes a contract could be taken when your cargo hold could not hold all the required goods.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused non-steam versions to not run on Mac.
- Fixed a bug where the tutorial notes still appeared in sandbox mode sometimes.
- Fixed a freeze in the conversation with Black Annie Bolan
- Temporarily removed an extraneous conversation with Sheng Xu which was causing crashes
- Fixed a bug where a PDA Note to hack a ship for Avelina Dembo would stay indefinitely if you failed the hack
- Fixed a freeze in the conversation with Mary Devlin
- Fixed a freeze in the conversation with Jackson Farlane
- Fixed a freeze in the conversation with Liam Ong
- Fixed a freeze in the second conversation with Sharmilla Singh
- Fixed a crash in the conversation with Marchelline Smith
- Fixed a freeze in the conversation with Marie Marks
- Fixed a freeze in the conversation with Angela Reddy
- Fixed a freeze in the second conversation with Jinghua Wong
- Fixed a freeze in the conversation with Sylvia Garcia
- Fixed a bug where Tuisin Brown would appear constantly at any given airlock even after you’d already completed his mission
- Fixed the hitbox issues with the Proxima’s airlock buttons.
- Fixed the camera position on the comms room’s computer terminal.
- Fixed the screen in the airlock and the bug when you click on it.
- Fixed the lack of sound bug with one fo the proxima airlock doors.
- Fixed a camera angle bug when using the component & terminal screen on the proxima.