Here is the current version history of Objects in Space.
This will remain pinned, locked and updated as new versions are pushed out.
Before new versions go live, they will be up in the ‘beta’ track on Steam and GoG. If you feel comfortable using potentially potentially-unstable testing builds, you are welcome to use them - the password is ‘betainspace688’.
- Put a fix in to stop the game crashing on load on certain systems.
- Fixed an error causing mods to not load on some versions of windows.
- Fixed an error causing news and infopedia articlse to not load correctly.
- Re-wrote the docking routines to stop problems docking in auto-pilot using certain configurations of engine or RCS.
- Fixed another bug causing Betty to spawn erroneously.
- Added ability to bind any commands open to serial protocol through the config file.
- Added ability to bind keys to increase/decrease main drive power.
- Added a warning message when docking at higher than safe speeds.
- Fixed a crash when jumping out of a sector using a jumpdrive with a torpedo inbound.
- Stopped the ability to manually hail starbases or ships when comms are disabled - emergency or incoming only.
- Fixed a bug where you could dock at high speeds.
- Fixed a bug causing spawn issues in the story ‘Bad News Betty’.
- Fixed a typo when talking to Heather Price.
- Fixed a bug where authority ships would sometimes engage each other when one was attacking a pirate.
- Fixed a bug which allowed you to undock by typing ‘burn off’ on your ship’s system terminal.
- Fixed a bug where the player’s name was not being displayed on the Mechanixx terminal after loading game.
- Fixed a bug where Mona Al Ajwi would still attack you even after you paid her back.
- Fixed a bug where ships would attack you in Maru for too long after you’d helped Casey Croma escape.
- Fixed a bug which caused you to never be able to drop off Gursharan Cass if you’d never encountered the SS Platypus.
- Removed a spot on the Narail Space Station where you could click on a wall near the mechanic and it’d take you back to your ship.
- Corrected several news articles’ which had duplicate names.
- Added many additional news stories.
- Fixed a bug where Sofia Lang would send you an email for having failed her mission prematurely.
- Doubled the amount of time you’re allowed to take to complete Scud de la Vinci’s sand deal.
- Added a conversation with Scud de la Vinci for when you’ve taken too long to complete his mission.
- Moved an NPC on Port Dava Sobel which was blocking the use of the Wire terminal there.
- Allowed mapping of backspace in the configuration screen.
- Allowed de-selecting of icons from trade terminals, power screen, engine room, etc, by clicking against on the selected tile/module.
- Flagged that buying a new ship would sell all your existing contents and cargo more clearly.
- World map uncovering / knowleding now stays when you buy a new ship.
- Fixed a crash when calling the CAN_TAKE_SHIP and CANNOT_TAKE_SHIP functions.
- Fixed a library error affecting some Linux distributions.
- Fixed a bug when sending emails to the player after they purchase a new ship.
- Fixed a bug where RCS rotation speeds were inaccurately depicted on sales screens.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash when destroyed with time compression active.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash when general attrition was applied to an invalid module.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash in the sound system if you are destroyed while listening to music.
- Fixed a bug where autopilot would continue when the helm, RCS or main drive systems were disabled.
- Fixed numerous spelling errors in the text.
- Now stripping CR characters from incoming lines so that libraries sending CRLF instead of LF should still be legible by the hardware interface.
- Added ‘hardwarecrlf’ option to use CRLF as the line delimeter.
- Fixed a bug causing bounties to commit suicide in asteroid fields.
- Fixed a contract payment bug.
- Hitting escape when zoomed in on a monitor now simply takes you back to the main view, and does not bring up the tablet in case you press it again.
- Changed the repair functionality so if you repair any part of your ship’s hull, any broken/damaged monitors are also fixed, instead of only when you repair the bow.
- Moved the emergency alert messages to the top third of screens.
- Added TUBE_6_SELECTED, TUBE_7_SELECTED and TUBE_8_SELECTED
- Fixed a problem where the game would sometimes honour extremely low valid resolutions for the game.
- Removed ‘tab’ menu option which could crash the game.
- Permanently hide dock and menu bar when fullscreen is selected from options.
- Fixed a bug where transitory star bases were appearing in the PDA map when they shouldn’t be.
- Fixed a crash when being hit by a torpedo with an empty / destroyed module in place.
- Fixed a bug where an intercom message while using a station BBS could freeze up your comms terminal.
- Fixed a bug where completing a contract would sometimes result in the wrong contract being completed instead.
- Fixed a bug where you could crash the game by clicking repeatedly at the precise point your ship is destroyed.
- Fixed a bug causing issues when you jumped out of a system while a torpedo was flying in the sector.
- Fixed a bug where Betty would remain on your ship indefinitely after you complete her mission.
- Fixed a bug where probing the moon of Alm wouldn’t complete Mirza Susic’s mission.
- Fixed the PDA Note in Betty’s story so it gets removed properly when you take her out of the Union.
- Fixed a bug where Betty would remain standing on the space station where you drop her off indefinitely.
- Moved the January Hernandez and Black Annie Bolan missions to take place later in the game so it syncs up with the Rolond Consortium being opened.
- Fixed a bug which caused a crash whenever the player tried to interact with Mariska Howarth.
- Fixed a bug causing some story ships to not appear more than once after dying.
- Fixed a bug where Betty would remain on your ship indefinitely after you complete her mission.
- Fixed a bug where probing the moon of Alm wouldn’t complete Mirza Susic’s mission
- Fixed the PDA Note in Betty’s story so it gets removed properly when you take her out of the Union
- Fixed a bug where Betty would remain standing on the space station where you drop her off indefinitely
- Moved the January Hernandez and Black Annie Bolan missions to take place later in the game so it syncs up with the Rolond Consortium being opened
- Fixed a bug which caused a crash whenever the player tried to interact with Mariska Howarth
- Moved the SS Platypus to be more likely to intercept the player during Hilary Tempkin’s mission
- Altered the game logic so players can deliver Gursharan Cass even if they never encounter the Platypus
- Fixed bugs in the interaction with the SS Platypus
- Decreased the difficulty of the mission to destroy the SS Hammerhead
- Allowed players to buy/use as many weapons as they want during the SS Hammerhead mission
- Changed position / orientation / hailing range of the SS Hammerhead to increase the likelihood that it’ll interact with the player
- Fixed a bug where Qingqi Farr would sometimes congratulate you on a job well done before you’d completed his mission
- Fixed a bug with mods.
- Fixed a bug with the in-game InfoPedia.
- Fixed a bug where authority and pirate ships sometimes didn’t respond to a player after loading game.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused a crash when the player was threatened by a pirate.
- Fixed a bug which caused a crash when moving your mouse over a weapons module when your ship is destroyed.
- Fixed an issue causing changes to the ad shells on space stations to sometimes crash.
- Fixed an issue where bounties wouldn’t clear when going back to main menu.
- Rolond Consortium can now be exited
- Rolond Consortium no longer appears until it’s narratively meant to during mid-November
- Altered the welcome email from the Developers
- Fixed a bug where you could accept the contract from Mahuika Ngata and it wouldn’t appear on the Orai Contracts terminal.
- Made the tablet-in key force the tablet to move back into position if you are mid-conversation.
- Darkened the default conversation font colour.
- Fixed a bug causing a crash sometimes when you die in a scenario.
- Fixed a lighting bug on the Remora-class shuttle from the tutorial.
- Fixed a bug where the power draw/generation metres were not showing correctly on Remora or Enceladus class vessels.
- Fixed a bug causing problems rendering ads on space stations periodically.
- Fixed a bug where the delivery bonus for contracts were not shown correctly in the Notes section of the PDA.
- Notes app on the tablet were incorrectly listing old contract features no longer relevant.
- Fixed a bug where the EMCON and Main Engine lights on the Christmas Tree on the Proxima were reversed.
- Fixed a bug where having an advanced new game pane open and selecting a save game did not show the correct scenario text.
- Removed erroneous mention to VASIMR drives.
- Fixed a bug where an SOS beacon and tow could drag you to a non-commercial station with no repair facilities.
- Fixed a bug where number of the seconds taken after a scenario was sometimes incorrect.
- Removed erroneous ‘Time taken’ text at the end of scenarios.
- Fixed an NPC rotation issue on Intel-GPU based macOS machines.
- Renamed “CM Suite” to “Countermeasure”.
- More clearly marked which ships are second-hand on the ship purchasing screen.
- Altered sound levels in the crew and captain quarters on the ceres.
- Altered wording to delete emails to be more clear.
- Re-named “sync” to “download” in comms room.
- ‘Drafts’ counter on bridge flashes.
- Emails ready to download in comms room flashes now.
- Sped up in-game conversation speed.
- Altered reply shotcut in the mail system to ‘r’.
- Fixed a bug where comms modules losing power mid-sync wouldn’t correctly cancel the sync process.
- Fixed some text errors on the contracts screen.
- Fixed the ‘new emails’ sound appearing at the wrong time (when emails were downloading, not when new emails were ready to download).
- Fixed hit area of the Ceres MkIII airlock.
- Removed ability to move modules around when docked at a jumpgate.
- Fixed graphical bug where EMCON red lighting wouldn’t “stick”.
- Fixed a bug where reactors could sometimes be connected when shore-locked / docked at a station.