Here is the current version history of Objects in Space.
This will remain pinned, locked and updated as new versions are pushed out.
Before new versions go live, they will be up in the ‘beta’ track on Steam and GoG. If you feel comfortable using potentially potentially-unstable testing builds, you are welcome to use them - the password is ‘betainspace688’.
- Increased minimum spawn distance of pirates to reduce “attacked the moment you undock from the station” incidents a little.
- Fixed a bug potentially causing periodic crashing after a non-player ship is destroyed.
- Fixed bug where merchants were trying to keep their reactor off sometimes, slowing them down.
- Fixed a bug where ships could sometimes fly off into the middle of nowhere.
- Fixed a bug where finishing an intercom call with your comms module disconnected could crash the game if you then tried to hail someone.
- Fixed a bug where trade prices were not being shown correctly under some circumstances.
- Fixed a bug where ships with IFF on were not showing motion angle/speed lines.
- Fixed bug where map zoom level wasn’t being reset when starting a new game.
- Added ability to skip introductory NPCs on new games.
- Changed pirates to have a finite amount of time they will hunt for or chase a target.
- Enabled mouse cursor on the on-ship engineering terminal.
- Re-wrote the Black Annie mission to more clearly explain time limits
- Re-wrote conversation with the SS Tchaikovsky and had her fly back to base once the conversation is complete
- Fixed a bug where Angela Reddy would get off your ship upset with you even after you’d completed her transport job.
- Fixed a bug where if you requested a tow, Casey Croma would still be aboard your ship after you next jumped to a new system.
- Removed the PDA Note for Angela Reddy’s second passenger job if the timeout had been reached.
- Added further information about the time limit for Angela Reddy’s second passenger job.
- Added an email if you pass the time out limit for Angela Reddy’s second passenger job.
- Fixed a burn-correction bug which sometimes caused pirates or authority ships to fly off into outer space rather than pursue a target correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the main menu could crash if an invalid/corrupt save game was in the game folder.
- Fixed a bug where RCS burning in autopilot on slow machines at high time acceleration levels could cause problems.
- Fixed a bug which could cause crashes when authority ships scan certain kinds of vessels.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes, after loading game, you could no longer connect any disconnected modules iny our ship.
- Fixed a bug where ship were rotating either too fast or two slow due to a double application of the efficiency modifier to RCS modules.
- Fixed another bug which could send ships spiralling forever when it high time compression on slow computers.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash when rendering certain kinds of monitors in specific conditions.
- Fixed a bug which caused pirates to continue on into the void while tracking targets they have lost contact with.
- Fixed a small pathing bug for story-related ships.
- Fixed a bug where manual burning of main drive or RCS when under autopilot wouldn’t fully cancel autopilot correctly.