I’m not big into achievements, especially if they require you to grind or go out of your way to get them. I usually play the game without looking at them first. When I unlock one, I look to see what I did. After finishing the game, I check the achievements to see if there was something I missed and will try to do it the next time I play. I prefer achievements that you unlock during normal game play, so I would like to see achievements for progressing through the story mode, like completing someone’s quest. In the quests where you have multiple ways to complete them, have achievements for each possible solution.
Outside of story based achievements, some suggestions:
- An achievement for acquiring each ship type.
- Evading a torpedo with and without countermeasures.
- Taking out a torpedo with a PDS.
- One each for killing a pirate, military, authority and cargo ship.
- Forcing a cargo ship to drop its cargo, picking it up and selling it.
- Completing a bounty contract.
- Earning a certain number of credits (1 million?) by completing cargo contracts.
- The same as above, but for bounty contracts.
- Smuggling contraband without getting caught / getting caught with contraband.
- Repairing a module that became damaged.