Here is the current version history of Objects in Space.
This will remain pinned, locked and updated as new versions are pushed out.
Before new versions go live, they will be up in the ‘beta’ track on Steam and GoG. If you feel comfortable using potentially potentially-unstable testing builds, you are welcome to use them - the password is ‘betainspace688’.
- Shifted descriptions of for-sale ships to a more natural order.
- Shift-clicking when already in autopilot now simply adds a new waypoint to your existing waypoint set.
- Re-balanced the amount of damage a second-hand module can contain.
- Allowed binding of “Full Stop” command to a key.
- Allowed filtering of module categories when in sell mode.
- Set component purchases to keep top-left component selected to allow bulk-purchases more easily.
- Fixed a bug where some scene extras could be clicked on for a conversation, causing a crash.
- Fixed bug where jump drive spin-up state was shown incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where torpedos could damage your ship while you were docked and not in freespace.
- Sounds were not playing when changing selections for filters, etc.
- Fixed a bug which caused AI ships following player to continue indefinitely under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused actions in conversations to trigger more than once.
- Fixed a bug where having a filter for modules on in buy mode would break being in ‘sell’ mode until you left it.
- Fixed some bugs to optimise rendering speed of various trade terminals.
- Fixed a bug where module types not used by playable ships (or at all any more) were still selectable as options when buying modules at a space station.
- Removed some extraneous objects from the Ceres-class cabin.
- Sandbox mode is now a thing - various options for starting a new game are now available, from starting location to difficulty options to disable tutorial or even story content.
- Second-hand ships are now purchasable.
- Provided more details on the selected nav map location/object.
- Fixed a bug where Authority and Military ships sometimes turned their IFF off.
- Fixed a bug sometimes causing crashes when the player is hit by a torpedo.
- Made text fields respond on key down rather than key up to make text input feel less laggy.
- Fixed a bug where selection boxes wouldn’t update correctly if the underlying data changed.
- Fixed a bug where hitting ‘Sync’ in the comms room when you were already syncing would restart the process.
- Fixed some issues chatting to people aboard ceres-class ships.
- Fixed some issues with various story ships not hitting destinations correctly.
- Fixed a bug where some story ships were not given the right look on the navmap.
- Fixed various bugs with text rendering.