Here is the current version history of Objects in Space.
This will remain pinned, locked and updated as new versions are pushed out.
Before new versions go live, they will be up in the ‘beta’ track on steam and GoG. If you feel comfortable using potentially potentially-unstable testing builds, you are welcome to use them - the password is ‘betainspace688’.
- Components are now described with star ratings for minimum damage, sturdiness and efficiency. These are displayed when looking in your engine room, and at component purchase screens.
- Fixed a sporadic crash when certain ships are destroyed and do not have a weapons module aboard.
- Fixed a problem causing a crash when clicking the down/up buttons the cargo screen on certain kinds of docked synthetics.
- Fixed a bug where going to the trade screen on a starbase when there’s a contract with bad information, usually from an old save, could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where selling your weapons system while leaving a tube selected could cause a crash when going back to your engine room.
- Fixed an error where registration changes weren’t costing money.
- Fixed an error where selling pods did not earn you money.
- Enceladus Comms Status creen was not showing the number of emails ready to download.
- Fixed a bug where if Qian Block agreed to pay you 600, you couldn’t complete his mission.
- Fixed a bug where Liam One’s mission displayed the wrong destination in your PDA.
- Fixed a crash in one of Harry Vuong’s conversations.
- Fixed a bug where Harry Vuong would start his second mission while you were still in his first.
- Fixed a bug where Fernando would appear to cancel his passenger job while it was technically still available.
- Fixed a bug where pirates would sometimes refuse to spin up a second torpedo after hitting a first target.
- Fixed a bug where pirates would sometimes continue trailing a target forever instead of giving up on them.
- Fixed a bug where the alert messages weren’t appearing properly, or were frozen on some monitors.
- Fixed a bug where after engaging course, sometimes the ‘distance to target’ would show garbage information on the Nav Map.
- You can now remotely access space stations via the ‘hail’ function to view current prices, contracts and passengers before docking.
- Increased value of passenger contracts.
- Fixed a bug where destroying a ship that was hailing you or in conversation with you would crash the game.
- Fixed a bug where an incoming hail was not properly reset between scenarios.
- Fixed a bug where quitting back to menu did not reset the camera position on the nav map.
- Fixed a power issue sometimes causing merchants to lose control of their vessel.
- Fixed a bug where some menu states were kept between games.
- Fixed a bug causing NPCs to spin up weapons and give away their positions at incorrect times.
- Fixed a bug where you could jettison cargo while docked with existing cargo, thereby doing it instantly.
- Fixed a bug where natural objects were not appearing on sensor lists in Galileo and Devass’ Star.
- Fixed a bug where the maximum cargo you can hold was not displaying properly in the system terminal.
- Specified when you should sell goods to complete a contract on trading terminals
- Fixed a bug where dropping Rami Ravachandran off didn’t remove the PDA note.
- Fixed a bug where Avelina Dembo would spawn at Mr Li’s Bar on Assayer before you’d completed her job
- Removed all references to the Plum Bar (which doesn’t exist)
- Fixed a bug where Tuisin Brown would never get off your ship
- Fixed a bug where Avelina Dembo’s second mission would start even if you’d never finished her first
- Removed ‘welcome’ emails for contract-givers which were actually just NPCs
- Fixed a bug where Maja Lindqvist would message you about having stolen her goods even when you hadn’t picked them up yet
- Updated Maja Lindqvist’s PDA Note to be more descriptive
- Re-balanced Maja Lindqvist mission
- Fixed a bug where your PDA Note for the final Kesta Jones mission wouldn’t disappear
- Fixed a bug where Kesta Jones would message you to complain that you hadn’t delivered the cargo when you had
- Hacking a vessel shows you its modules and their states.
- Fixed a bug where if you owed money (due to a fine, etc) to a faction that doesn’t loan money, the game would crash when interest was calculated.
- Fixed bug where passengers were being retained after you quit back to menu and began or loaded another game.
- Fixed a crash when you entered EMCON mode while calculating a jump solution.
- Fixed a bug where disconnecting your jumpdrive when it was fully charged wouldn’t auto-discharge the unit.
- Jump drive retains any selected destination after being discharged.
- Fixed a bug where the first tutorial message from Wendy in space didn’t trigger the audio indicator when it was complete.
- Fixed bug where the comms screen was unusable if you were zoomed in on it when someone hailed you.
- Room-change crash on Mac 64-bit systems fixed.
- When modules are sold to a station, they are now repaired and put back on sale.
- News articles are now shown in reverse order.
- Previously-selected emails and news articles are kept after viewing them.
- Clicking on countermeasures after launching showed graphics glitches.
- Fixed a periodic crash when moving between two very large space station rooms.
- Fixed a sporadic weapons-related crash.
- Fixed text glitch on the countermeasure panel.
- Fixed a bug where scroll-wheel to zoom in on monitors was sometimes zooming in on the wrong monitor.
- Fixed bug where weapons functionality could still be used while weapon module was still booting up.
- Fixed a bug where authority ships sometimes identified ships without their IFF being on.