Version history will be here and constantly updated as we push out new versions - new versions go into the ‘beta’ track on Steam first (password ‘betainspace688’) and then on the default track shortly afterwards.
During the timed beta we will be pushing out new builds every day or two.
- Fixed crash when entering EMCON mode with a spun up jump drive.
- Fixed crash by changing tabs on the tablet during tutorial.
- Bounties were not saving properly, could cause bounty issues or crashes.
- Fixed bug resulting in certain NPC interactions not working immediately after starting a new game, or on loading one.
- Unpowering a powered-up & spun-up jump drive now discharges it into space.
- Tablets now darken unused tabs.
- Timed flags were not being reset properly between tutorial and open world.
- Jump drive buttons now invisible when you have no jump drive.
- Trade screen now shows you general price of goods even if you can’t fit them in your hold.
- Fixed a typo in conversation with Asterin Allas.
- Fixed a bug which prevented mid-flight conversation with Asterin Allas from firing.
- Fixed a bug where the note about Casey Croma’s mission didn’t disappear when you’d completed the job.
- Added additional contracts for United Leon Space Enterprises.
- Fixed a crash which occurred when you agreed to 600 credits for a bonus from Sam Cowart.
- Casey Croma now pays you for ferrying her as promised.
- Scud de la Vinci didn’t spawn at Prefect to end his mission - corrected.
- Increased fee for Artem Kovalevsky ferry mission from 1600 to 2600c.
- Fixed a bug where Artem Kovalevsky would immediately think he’d been delivered after accepting his mission.
- Fixed a bug where Aki Hasagawa wasn’t spawning to teach you piloting skills.
- Made Asterin Allas hail you over intercoms mid-way through your trip instead of right at the beginning.
- Fixed bug where SOS being activated in uninhabited star systems caused the game to hang.
- Fixed intercom being broken.
- Fixed crash when visiting trading room of FIL Station.
- Fixed bug where having more than 6 pods could sometimes cause corrupt save files.
- Fixed bug where NPC fines were being given to the player.
- We now back up save files after every successful load, with a ‘.bak’ extension.
- Fixed bug where messages sometimes didn’t work right after finishing the tutorial.
- Removed jump buttons from being visible when no jump drive is installed.
- Jump drive firing now cancels time compression.
- Various typos and text fixes.
- Major memory fix. Should be much more stable while flying in space.
- Being threatened by a pirate to drop your cargo or else drops out of time compression.
- Delete key wasn’t working on Mac keyboards for mail client.
- Can no longer be hailed while undocking or docking.
- Added an opt-out mid way through Agnes Pelettier Conversation.
- Moved Sansar Batu ‘Intro to Weapons’ conversation back until 8 hours into the game.
- Fixed many small visual bugs with characters clipping or textures not appearing.
- Brought second Nyong Alexander conversation forward in time a little bit.
- Fixed several small issues related to IFF usage and fines.
- Made it more obvious when you’re about to bail out of either the Scud de la Vinci or Casey Croma conversations.
- Added a line to the Agnes Pelettier conversation where you can explicitly ask how to figure out which spikes on a waveform correlate to which modules.
- Fixed a crash when firing an SOS in unpopulated star systems.
- Fixed crash when visiting ship corridor after taking passenger.
- Passengers were not being saved properly.
- Passengers were not being populated correctly after loading game.
- Identified ships and space stations now show their names on the navmap.
- You can no longer be hailed when your comms system is disabled or you are docking.
- IFF state now visible on your navmap.
- IFF toggle is now a customisable control key (‘I’ by default).
- Authority ships fine you for flying in populated systems without IFF now.
- Illegal goods were not being honoured properly.
- Heat damage increased.
- Re-worded blacklisted email to no longer imply your can work off your debt (we intend to allow this later)
- Asterin Allas now pays you upon landing instead of en route.
- Scud De La Vinci now specifically tells you the name of the bar where you can find Sam Cowart.
- Fixed bug where multiple conversation options to say the same thing were visible in some conversations.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes Asterin Allas wouldn’t end his conversation upon getting off your ship at Crassus Harbour.
- Added an Infopedia entry for Cargo management.
- FIXED COMMON RENDERING CRASH WHEN CHANGING ROOMS. (Huge thanks to Kuroneko on the forums for helping us fix up that one.)
- Fixed crash when using/buying certain components.
- Fixed crash when being hit by certain kinds of torpedoes.
- Stopped PDA from remaining open after conversations sometimes.
- Altered contract difficulties from star ratings to plain english.
- Fixed bug where you could use items before a conversation and break the conversation.
- Now shows module stats when you click to sell them, so you can view your own ship’s stats.
- Made them game properly recognise when you drop off Freddy Gutierrez or Casey Croma (so you can continue doing other passenger missions).
- NOTE: One of the fixes in this build altered the word wrapping code. There may be a few small issues related to that as we debug them over the next few days.
- Fixed bug where you could hit escape and break a conversation.
- Fixed the InfoPedia screen.
- Fixed some text rendering / word-wrapping issues.
- Fixed a bug where selling components showed you information from another terminal.
- Fixed the back/pause/resume buttons on the music player.
- Altered music so it streams instead of pre-caching, to speed up performance.
- Altered Commerce and Mechanic screens to show current account balance all the time.
- Fixed some inconsistencies in the Asterin Allas pickup conversation.
- Fixed that Asterin Allas conversation meant for mid-flight sometimes took take place at destination airlock.
- Added additional cues from Leslie to explain how to pick up goods after accepting a contract.
- Added a catch-all to stop the game thinking you have a passenger at the very beginning.
- Fixed a bug where dragging certain components around in engineering could crash the game, or otherwise behave inappropriately.
- Fixed bug where log files were erroneously being put in a folder in C:\ - they can now be found in your game’s install folder.
- Windows version now logs crashes in much more detail, and individually. If/when you run into crashes, please send us your crash_[datetime].txt file(s) from the same folder as your saves and config files.
- Fixed music playback.
- Fixed bug which stopped InfoPedia articles from being loaded correctly.
- Load error on certain news articles fixed.
- Fixed bug where hitting ‘delete’ on a save game then browsing back in the menu caused the ‘confirm’ button to remain.
- Fixed a bug where pulling out your tablet using the ‘tab’ key sometimes caused a crash.
- Fixed a bug where you were unable to sell things from some contracts, and selecting them caused a crash.
- Altered contract text to give you more information when selling goods that are part of contracts.
- Fixed bug where you couldn’t use your mouse in the Private Comms screen, so couldn’t switch tabs using the mouse.
- Fixed a crash when hitting enter on an empty communications channel.
- Fixed bug where you could be too far away from the beacons in the Cassandra sequence to actually proceed.
- Allowed file extensions to be used in VT-OS computer in your comms room.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t drop off Asterin Allas at Crassus Harbour properly.
- Numerous small typos in emails, news articles and conversations.