Here is the current version history of Objects in Space.
This will remain pinned, locked and updated as new versions are pushed out.
Before new versions go live, they will be up in the ‘beta’ track on Steam and GoG. If you feel comfortable using potentially potentially-unstable testing builds, you are welcome to use them - the password is ‘betainspace688’.
- Module and Component purchasing screens can now be filtered by type and quality.
- < and > symbols on helm changed to clockwise/counter-clockwise symbols.
- Plotting course now clears previous course first by default.
- Toggle Tablet and Switch Tab keys are now re-mappable, and by extension so are the tab and tilde/grave keys.
- Contraband for the destination sector is listed when docked at jump gates.
- Fixed bug where clicking on the wall in a Remora could exit via the airlock.
- Fixed bug where you could sometimes not buy countermeasures.
- Fixed bug where tilde didn’t switch tabs in the tablet, while in the power room.
- Fixed issue where ship sales, modules and component sales were not saved.
- Fixed an issue where certain components had an invalid socket type selected, so could not be used.
- Added a PDA note to Survival Scenario 3
- Removed references to an erroneous scenario mode from main menu
- Some fixes to the autopilot code.
- Fixed bug where Escape scenarios were not being shown correctly.
- Fixed a periodic crash when undocking.
- Fixed bug where scenario screens were being re-populated incorrectly when going ‘back’.
- Fixed Confirm Delete button size being too big at main menu.
- Fixed save games screen not updating after save deletion.
- Scenarios are now selected via submenus.
- Can now drag a working component from inventory into a full slot and the components will simply be switched.
- More in-game ads and space station art.
- Fixed various autopilot bugs which could result in ships heading to random places or fail to accelerate to full speed under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a crash when switching back to bridge after a communication got forcibly cancelled.
- Fixed a bug where time compression would stop working if you left a sector or docked while being hailed.
- Fixed power storage bar on ship bridges to reflect total possible power of all batteries, not just connected ones.
- Fixed a crash when moving a module that had a selected slot in the engine room.
- Fixed a graphical bug when syncing comms modules from the comms room.
- Fixed a periodic crash when returning to menu.
Alterations - General:
- Time compression now indicated separately from emergency messages, and shown in the top bar of every screen.
- Number of save slots increased to 5.
- Authority and Military vessels now communicate with each other, and respond in kind of violent force they see a player (or any other ship) engage in. In short - expect to get torpedos heading your way from government vessels if you’re caught shooting in inhabited systems.
- A post-game screen has beeen added to the main menu, describing your final moments and giving you information about the outcome of the scenario, if relevant.
- Pirates now have different loadouts depending on their skill levels.
- Main menu has been redesigned with additional functionality.
- Can now skip intro with escape/enter/space, or permanently through the config file.
- Movement mechanics have been overhauled for efficiency.
Alterations - Engineering:
- Brand new Power Management screen has been implemented on all ships, along with the ability to alter the module power priority.
- Massive overhaul fo the component and module system, with components individually affecting power usage, efficiency and emissions of the module they’re in.
- Component management screen added to engineering, with ability to scrap/destroy components.
- Module screws now visibly rotate when unscrewing/tightening.
- Fixed pathing issues that sometimes caused pirates or bounties to path through dangerous asteroid fields, etc.
- Fixed some crashes relating to using low-quality navmap modules with green or blue displays.
- Fixed a sound glitch when burning or using RCS modules on low power.
- Fixed a bug where torpedos out of power would not correctly self-destruct
- Fixed travel bugs sometimes causing stuttering and lack of motion.
- Fixed bug where ship would attempt to rotate/burn when they had nowhere near enough power to do so.
- Fixed a bug where damaged RCS modules did not reduce the actual efficiency of turns.
- Fixed a bug where the “turn ship to 50 degrees” part of the tutorial had problems running on very slow computers.
- Fixed a bug where after the player was scanned in ANY sector by authority ships, they would never be scanned again until they restarted theg ame.
- Fixed a crash when hitting enter on certain conversation options.
- Fixed some aesthetic issues with the Enceladus.
- Fixed an error with the offset of the wrench mouse cursor in the module repair screen.
- Removed points on Etna Mining Outpost where players could click and be teleported back to their ship
- Fixed a bug where the PDA Note to help Benny on Etna Mining Outpost wouldn’t disappear after you’d failed the mission.
- Fixed a bug where the PDA Note to deliver Victoria Marks’ clone wouldn’t disappear after successfully completing the mission.
- Fixed a bug where Qingqi Farr and Dr Sparks would get off your ship disappointed even after you’d completed the mission or Liam Ong
- Fixed a bug where Ray Zee would get off your ship disappointed even after you’d completed his passenger trip
- Fixed a bug where Jinghua Wong would appear to get off your ship even after you’d successfully transported him out of Parssus
- Fixed a bug where Ray Zee would send you an email about not picking him up even after you already had.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible for Candra Alatas to email you after she’d died
- Made Buffalo Hargreaves’ PDA Note disappear properly if you failed to reach him in time
- Stopped players from being able to email Charlotte Brian about Dr Nicholas Reiffel after already having dropped him off
- Fixed a bug where Dr Nicholas Reiffel would force your passenger status to remain on
- Fixed a bug where the PDA Note for Dr Nicholas Reiffel wouldn’t disappear if you let him go
- Fixed a bug where Avelina Dembo would email you upset even after you’d hacked the Orson’s End for her
- Changed emails to Charlotte Brian to be sending to the correct person
- Fixed a ‘stuck’ passenger bug after saving the refugees for Tuisin Brown
- Fixed a crash when trying to view all trade prices on Zaragoza while carrying a plasma cannon
- Fixed a bug where John James Salomon would message you via the intercom about how long his trip was taking even after you’d dropped him off at a location
- Fixed a bug which allowed you to accept the Buffalo Hargreaves passenger job after he’d already cancelled it